December 9, 2013

2 New Games, Update, and Dedication to Post More

It's been a while since the last post, so here's a bit of an update on the games.

I finished 2 new multiplayer games. They are local 4 player games based around a simple game mechanic. I'm planning on releasing a collection of at least 3 of them together in a game pack for Windows and Ouya. I tried to do something new with each of them, and I like how they turned out. Here they are:

Icemen:

(click for full image)

A game about climbing to the top of a mountain and collecting the most  gems along the way. This one is a resource management game mixed with a fast paced racing type game. You have to collect gems to get points to win the game, but you also must collect resources (ice picks, spike shoes, bridges) to make it to the top. There are two types of obstacles: walls and slopes. To climb a slope, you use your spike shoes. To climb a wall you use ice picks. If you don't have any of a particular resource you can't get past the obstacle and make it to the top.

Human Fall:

(click for full image)


This one is a skydiving game. I was inspired by an Atari 2600 game, Sky Diver. You try to land your sky divers on the platforms and score points. The first person to land on a platform takes control of it and gets half of the points whenever another player lands there in the same round. There are also obstacles such as AA guns, blood thirsty birds, and giant water snakes that try to kill your sky divers. You can also knock another sky diver out of their parachute by running into them on the way down.


Other stuff:

- We released the Chicken Bandit on Ouya.
-  I modified my engine so I can now run my games on PC, Mac, Linux, Android, Ouya, and iOS
-  I've been working on and off for about a year on a new game (I'll make a post about it soon.)
-  Ludum Dare 28 is next week and we are planning to make some 48 hour games for that.
-  We're updating Fins & Flippers with plans to finally release it on PC and Ouya .

I'm planning on keeping this blog updated more from now on. I'm going to make a new post once per week to help me keep track of all the stuff I'm working on.

-CURT

5 comments:

 
Home Blog About Games ?